A recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Director of Regulatory Compliance and Privacy
The Director of Regulatory Compliance and Privacy position reports to the Vice President of Legal who serves as the Privacy, Compliance, and Security Officer. The Director of Regulatory Compliance and Privacy works to ensure organizational compliance with applicable regulatory, privacy, and contract requirements, along with company policies and procedures. The Director of Regulatory Compliance and Privacy assists the Compliance and Privacy Officer with planning, and then oversees and communicates all assigned compliance activities and programs, as well as implements, and monitors the compliance program. This position should establish and maintain positive relationships with Wayspring personnel and become a resource for such staff on regulatory issues.
The successful candidate should have a familiarity with and/or experience advising on and maintaining a compliance and privacy program across a number of regulatory regimes, including HIPAA, 45 CFR Part 2, the False Claims Act, Medicare billing compliance rules, the physician self-referral law (Stark), the Anti-Kickback Statute, and other federal health care regulations.
Responsibilities of the Director of Regulatory Compliance and Privacy
- Reviews Wayspring programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations
- Measures and monitors compliance with laws, regulations, and rules for operating in health care with providers, Health Plans, and the government
- Directs efforts to communicate compliance programs, including educational materials and training programs designed specifically to promote understanding of compliance issues, laws and regulations, and consequences of noncompliance
- Maintains a system of management reporting that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of the compliance issues
- Develop with the Compliance Committee and the Compliance Officer the annual Compliance Work Plan to submit for review and approval by the Board of Directors
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to prevent and detect fraud, waste, or abuse
- Act as liaison and contact point for clients, potential clients, and regulatory agencies relating to job functions
- Reviews, tracks, resolve complaints, concerns, or questions relative to compliance issues, and provides consultative leadership and support as appropriate
- Manages the routing of complaints, inquiries, and incidents received via the Compliance hotline and email box.
- Implements audit controls and measurements for internal processes ensuring that correct processes are in place for accurate, complete, and compliant programs
- Development and maintenance of appropriate authorization forms, information notices, and materials
- Coordination with Human Resources on the delivery of initial and ongoing compliance and privacy training and orientation to all members of the workforce and appropriate third parties
- Work with IT and Data Security Teams to ensure consistent, effective privacy practices which reduce organizational risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI), 24 CFR Part 2 data, and individually identifiable customer and business partner data
- Monitor the performance of the compliance and privacy programs on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness
- Receive, document, track, investigate and take action on complaints concerning compliance and privacy policies and procedures
- Coordinate, prepare, and monitor special projects and reports as required
- Work with legal counsel on risk assessment, investigative activities, and corrective action
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years Experience in Healthcare Compliance
- Certification in Health Care Compliance and/or Privacy (i.e., CHC, CHPC) preferred
- Strong knowledge of industry-leading practices and standards
- Ability to clarify and communicate complex legal and regulatory requirements, so that they are understood by a variety of audiences
- Willingness to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered
- Ability to balance multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent organizational abilities and outstanding written and oral communications skills
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH options for the Nashville Office – other markets are fully remote!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.