Please join us for Light Up Night which traditionally kicks off the holiday season — offering a one-day opportunity to get 50% off discount tickets to upcoming 2023-2024 performances throughout the Cultural District. A full listing of discounted shows will likely be announced a few days before Light Up Night. Please note that while you can order 50% off discount tickets by phone or by going online, you’ll save even more with avoided ticket handling fees by stopping by the Theater Square Box Office, Heinz Hall Box Office, and other downtown locations on November 18.
The 50% off discount usually includes Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s “The Nutcracker” along with many Pittsburgh Symphony concerts as well as Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh CLO, Liberty Magic, and other performances.
Light Up Night festivities will include many bands (rock, jazz, holiday favorites) on outdoor stages in addition to the usual fireworks and holiday displays.
With so many activities unfolding simultaneously, Light Up Night is well suited for people to enjoy in smaller groups or with family/friends instead.
- The group can gather at 5 PM (sharp) to the right of the live music stage near corner of 7th Street and Penn Avenue (across from the Benedum and Theater Square). When facing the live music stage and looking up to your right, you’ll see the very large “Playing the Cosmic Strings” mural on the rear wall of Heinz Hall. This mural is located to the right of the Pittsburgh Cultural District Stage (7th and Penn – for Light Up Night.
- If you don’t spot the group, please walk across Penn Avenue at 5:20 PM to the Theater Square Box Office Lobby (655 Penn Avenue) which is a central location connected to Meat & Potatoes restaurant, Greer Cabaret Theater, and Theater Square Parking Garage Lobby.
- For those that meet/gather before 5:30 PM, they can decide how they’d like to spend the rest of the night.
- Please be mindful that not everyone’s interests are the same — so while some will spend more time listening to live music, others will walk around quickly to check out various activities, get food, etc.
- Light Up Night provides a wide variety of activities so there is something for everyone, whether people spend only 5-10 minutes or longer (30-60+ minutes) at each location.
- With many activities unfolding simultaneously, Light Up Night is well suited for people to enjoy in smaller groups or on their own with family/friends.
- At any given time, there could be anywhere from 10-40+ people from Meetup dispersed among thousands attending Light Up Night.
- Because everyone has different schedules, people will arrive and leave at different times.
- It is not realistic to post comments asking where other people in the group are and expecting a timely response. Many people enjoy Light Up Night without feeling the need to constantly check cell phones — and are simply happy enough when they run into people they know as they walk around.
- Please be mindful that when gathering times/locations are provided, people that show up ‘on time’ should not be expected to ‘wait around’ for others that may or may not show up at a given time.
PARKING Here is the ParkPGH website with real-time info on downtown parking garage availability.
Because Light Up Night will be very busy, many people use public transportation.
Stay tuned for updates based on the full schedule of festivities and weather forecast since Light Up Night consists of both indoor and outdoor activities.